Location: Florence, Alabama
North Alabama Medical Center in Florence, AL - 70 miles west of Huntsville -- is seeking a Board-Certified Internal Medicine physician for Program Director to lead our ACGME Accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program that trains 15 residents per year.
Additional Position Details:
- Must possess (or be eligible to apply for) MD/DO licensure to practice in the State of Alabama, IM expertise, and at least three years of GME teaching and/or administrative experience.
- Will establish the strategic direction of the program, integrate the IM residency program with the physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, while promoting an optimal environment for professional practice and medical education.
- Must possess strong leadership abilities, exhibit outstanding professionalism, have excellent interpersonal skills while promoting quality patient care, educational excellence, and a scholarly approach to work.
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance + Consultative services by Navigate Student Loans
- Relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
North Alabama Medical Center serves as a regional facility with more than 200 physicians on staff who represent more than 42 specialty areas of medicine. The 263-bed facility which opened in 2018, offers the community's only open-heart surgery site, a complete line of women's and children's services and a complete line of medical and imaging services. As a Level III Trauma Center, NAMC serves as the primary referral center northwest Alabama, south-central Tennessee, and northeast Mississippi.
Situated in northwest Alabama on the banks of the Tennessee River, Florence has a rich history to share. From world-class bass fishing and golf to the renowned W.C. Handy Musical Festival, you will find it all here.