Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Excellent BE/BC Full-Time Laborist opportunity available now in the Seattle area at The Polyclinic, Part of Optum!
- Experienced physician sought for fulltime Laborist position
- Join established, highly functioning team providing coverage at one hospital
- 8 OB/GYN physicians: 1 Laborist, 1 full-time GYN only, and 6 full-spectrum OB/GYNs
- Full-time is six 24-hour laborist shifts per month, shifts are 8am-8am.
- Flexible shifts: the team can be flexible in scheduling shifts to accommodate vacation plans
Our OB/GYN team is a very collaborative, supportive group that enjoys working together to take excellent care of our patients and each other. We see about 1,000 deliveries per year, 95% of which are at normal gestation. If you feel uncomfortable with a delivery, there is an in-house MFM specialist to call on 24/7. And if you enjoy teaching, there are opportunities for that also with students and residents who rotate through our program.
Enjoy the Benefits of being part of The Polyclinic team:
- Successful, well-managed, Clinician-run multi-specialty group
- Highly competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Enjoy the Pacific Northwest lifestyle! Boating, hiking, skiing, camping. . .
- Easy access to recreational and cultural activities
- Great community, good schools and excellent parks
- Location in Seattle and close to British Columbia
We would love to talk with you about our exciting Laborist position. Come join our team and begin doing your life’s best work!
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years’ experience preferred, but new grads will be considered
- Comfortable with a full GYN repertoire, including laparoscopic hysterectomy
- BE/BC American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.