Find what you're looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Health Information Specialist II in Seattle, WA\.
This is a full time opportunity and is eligible for full benefits\.
We are seeking a Health Information Specialist II to provide assistance to providers, staff, and patients for the maintenance of ambulatory medical records\.
In this position you will:
- Sort and file loose papers in the medical record following approved chart assembly order, which includes checking for missing MRN, appropriately documenting patient ID and clinic location, and checking for accuracy of correct medical record\.
- Convert records to correct chart order when appropriate\.
- Perform quality checks in medical records for updated information such as allergy list, medications, current face/demographic sheet, patient labels, TD color coded numbering and bar code labels\.
- Maintain physical chart and storage systems\.
- Maintain electronic tracking for charts; keep accurate logging and tracking via electronic chart tracking system of all charts to ensure quality patient care\.
- Scan medical record reports into Epic, using the PMC established Scanning guidelines\.
- Monitor incoming and scanned documents to ensure accuracy of the data being input into the EMR\.
- Follow up with the provider and/or Supervisor as necessary to resolve any found issues\.
- Assist with daily updates of provider schedules\.
- Provide job training, as directed by supervisor and/or HIM manager, to new employees in accordance with established procedures and practices\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent\.
- Successful completion of a HIM\-approved medical terminology program or class\.
- Three \(3\) plus years experience in Health Information Department or equivalent education\.
- Three \(3\) plus years experience in customer service\.
- Knowledge of health information systems, terminal digit order numbering system, computer software, and database fundamentals\.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel\.
Pacific Medical Center Beacon Hill Clinic:
The patient population we care for is culturally and clinically diverse, creating a stimulating and rewarding workplace\. Our strong team environment and mission allow us to provide friendly services that focus on the highest quality patient care\. PacMed's compensation and competitive benefits package will support and enhance a lifelong career\.
The Beacon Hill clinic is conveniently located near the intersection of I\-5 and I\-90 in central Seattle\. Beacon Hill offers both primary care—including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Geriatrics—and more than a dozen different areas of specialty care\. Home to The Diagnostic and Wellness Center for Women, Beacon Hill offers digital mammography, breast ultrasound, MRI and biopsy as well as therapeutic massage\. Other services offered at Beacon Hill include an anticoagulation clinic, infusion therapy, x\-ray, onsite laboratory and pharmacy\. Interpreter services are also available for our patients\.
Seattle is the Pacific Northwest's largest urban center \(metro population 3\.25 million\), with world\-class arts and entertainment, a robust economy and an outstanding school system\. The city hugs magnificent Puget Sound and offers magnificent mountain views to the north, east and south\. Seattleites are famously fond of the outdoors, fresh seafood and good coffee\.
The Beacon Hill clinic is part of Pacific Medical Centers' expanding network of outpatient clinics providing primary and specialty care to the greater Seattle area and employing more than 150 providers representing most medical specialties\. Pacific Medical Centers is affiliated with Providence Health & Services, which operates 28 exceptional not\-for\-profit hospitals and more than 350 clinics across the West\. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice provider opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, Pacific Medical Centers and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models\. Find what you are looking for in your next practice opportunity with Pacific Medical Centers\! Learn more at www\.pacmed\.org/providerjobs\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our mission is to provide respectful, high\-quality, patient\-focused healthcare to each person and to the communities we serve\.
Pacific Medical Centers \(PacMed\) is a private, not‐for‐profit, multi‐specialty healthcare network in the Puget Sound region\. Our 9 convenient locations are staffed by a comprehensive network of more than 150 primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest\-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long\-term relationship with each patient we serve\. Our personalized, patient\-centric system empowers and provides patientswith freedom and choices to partner in their care\. We provide immediate access to cutting\-edge technology, first\-class facilities and board\-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among "Seattle's Best Doctors\.", PacMed is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees\. We have been honored as a 2014 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit\-Friendly Worksites Recognition program\.
Job Category: Health Information Management \(HIM\)
Req ID: 153868