Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Quality Improvement Specialist \(1\.0, Days\) to work in ACO Support at Swedish Bank of America Building in Seattle, WA\.
The Quality Improvement Specialist provides support for all aspects of SMG clinical quality improvement efforts including identifying areas for targeted improvement and analysis; data measurement, analysis and reporting; and supporting clinical programs\. The Quality Improvement Specialist roles/responsibilities will fall into two main bodies of work: developing clinical pathways and data validation\.
In an effort to standardize clinical treatment patterns, adopt guideline\-based practices, and improve patient health outcomes, SMG is implementing clinical pathways\. Clinical pathways are SMG's intent to treat a population of patients in a certain way\. The Quality Improvement Specialist will support pathways with a focus on a few key clinical areas\. This work involves developing expertise in specific clinical areas, tracking national treatment guidelines, identifying important metrics in those clinical areas, evaluating SMG's performance against external benchmarks, and identifying areas for improvement\. Supporting pathway development will require assembling a multidisciplinary team of stakeholders; refining the scope, deliverables, and timeline of the pathway; leveraging preexisting work done at Swedish/Providence; communicating and spreading the pathway among SMG clinics; maintaining and improving the pathway over time; and measuring pathway implementation and outcomes\. Examples of pathway deliverables include provider/staff education, Epic workflow documentation, patient decision aids, and actionable patient\-level reports\. Pathway development and implementation will occur in close collaboration between the Quality & Value, Best Practice, and Patient\-Centered Medical Home Implementation teams\.
In conjunction and addition to pathway development, the Q&V team is committed to driving improvement by producing accurate, reliable, and transparent clinical data to support decision making\. In support of this, the Quality Improvement Specialist will validate measures produced by report writing analysts within Q&V and throughout the Swedish/Providence organization\. This will require developing a strong working knowledge of the Epic ambulatory environment, understanding key clinical metrics \(defined both internally and externally\), detailed chart review of patient cases that are included in reports, summarizing validation findings, making the connection between clinical workflows/data entry and data output, and interpreting basic descriptive statistical information\. Collaboration and communication with report writing analysts, clinicians, administration and leadership is an important part of data validation\.
In this position you will:
- Collect and analyze quality data on clinical process and develop recommendations\. Present findings on any trends to relevant teams and leadership
- Champion select clinical areas by tracking clinical guidelines, comparing SMG performance to external benchmarks, and supporting the development of clinical pathways
- Work with report writers to validate and troubleshoot data in Epic
- Interpret reports to users within the operational unit
- Use data to drive clinical improvement using industry\-standard practices like PDSA or Lean
- Educate users on the connection between data input and reporting output
- Track quality data issues and recommend solutions
- Help develop new user workflow, policies and procedures collaboratively to improve patient care
- Actively participate in regular meetings among physician quality champions, physician/staff Epic super users, and other forums for cross organizational collaboration and communication
- Work in collaboration with Swedish Epic optimization and build teams to implement Epic enhancements
- Collaborate with other members of the SMG Q&V Department and others throughout Swedish Health Services and Providence Health & Services on quality initiative
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in health administration, public health, related field or bachelor's degree in an unrelated field with 3 years of industry experience
- Clinical certificate or license preferred \(e\.g\., medical assistant, LPN, RT, RN, or similar\)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Process/workflow mapping strongly preferred\.
- Experience working with multiple systems and databases with thorough understanding of data as it relates to clinic operations workflow\.
- Able to translate gaps in measured performance into recommended changes in clinical operations' processes and workflows and vice versa
- Able to summarize data findings concisely for internal and external stakeholders; able to make inferences and offer suggestions for workflow improvements and/or methods of data capture to improve performance in quality metrics
- Epic experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze tasks/systems/ problems to determine possible solutions, and coordinate, implement and evaluate most effective correction or solution\.
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency in medical terminology and understanding of medical/surgical procedures\.
- Previous experience working with EMR and long term reports preferred\.
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 153080