Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Charge Registered Nurse \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in the Neuro and Spine OR at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The acclaimed Seattle Neuroscience Institute \(SNI\) performs more spine surgeries that anywhere else on the west coast\! We provide advanced, progressive treatment for a wide range of brain, spine and central nervous system conditions\. We have a roster of world class neurosurgeons that in conjuntion with the rest of the OR staff, create a truly collabortive and innovative environment, where everyone works together to provide the best patient care possible\.
In this position you will:
- Participate in the coordination of the overall planning, organization, direction and evaluation of the Neuro OR\.
- Review OR schedule for the week to anticipate equipment, product issues and patient care issues and coordinate with the scheduler
- Provide direct patient care up to 50% of work hours
- Maintain clear communication regarding service updates and needs with physicians, management and the staff and follow up with questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Collaborate with educator to create learning expereinces for all staff members
- Exhibit an open mind to listen, challenge and influence patient safety and clinical outcomes
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire\.· A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN· Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader\.
- Current Basic Life Support certification \(BLS\)
- 1 year experience with Neuro/Spine population and demonstrated leadership accomplishments
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to scrub
- 3 years OR Circulating experience \(2 in Neuro\)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Previous Charge RN experience
About the Cherry Hill Campus\.
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Surgical Services \(Intraop\)
Req ID: 144943