Providence is calling a Full Time, Variable shift Assistant Nurse Manager to Providence Little Company of Mary Torrance Medical Center in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- B* *e responsible for assisting the nurse manager in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating services of the unit.
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, assume 24/7 responsibility for the management and staffing of the unit.
- Manage and coordinate the unit, direct and supervise functions and activities, interpret policies/procedures/protocols, standards, and regulations as appropriate.
- The scope of responsibility spans all aspects of nursing care.
- Maintains clinical competence and certifications to assist the unit when required
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Bachelor's Degree completed within 3 years of accepting position
- 3 years of recent clinical experience in an acute care hospital required
- Current California Registered Nurse License
- Mandatory Certifications as Per HR Regional Policy, Mandatory Education Policy 4068
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven leadership ability and hospital operational expertise
- Mentoring/coaching ability
- Ability to serve as a role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing
- Strong knowledge base or experience in specialty areas assigned
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Specialty certification
- Charge Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse experience
- Leadership experience
- Shared Governance experience
About the Region you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center, Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital. We are the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 145596