Providence is calling a Patient Financial Advocate ( Per Diem, Variable Shift ) to Providence Little Company Medical Center in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be accountable for the verification of patient insurance eligibility prior to admission, for lateral transfers ensures appropriate authorization is initiated; or when possible is obtained before patient is admitted
- Accurately entering all patient demographic and insurance information into EPIC when creating patient encountering, including authorization information
- Work collaboratively with the Patient Financial Services staff to insure that face sheets are obtained
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines regarding inpatient notification of an admission and/or patient transfer
- Collaborate with physicians, hospital staff, insurance companies, and patient/family
- Coordinate and act as a liaison to facilitate and manage appropriate and timely transfers
- Provide and assist physicians with non-emergent transfers, consults, and other calls received
- Efficiently and accurately document interactions on calls in EPIC
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Healthcare related field
- 3 years overall experience in integrated healthcare system in any aspect of access services, insurance or related position
- Demonstrate experience in:
- Working knowledge of Patient Financial Services process with emphasis on insurance verification, authorization, notification, patient liability estimates including, repatriation, pre-registration, and reimbursement contracts
- Monitoring and adherence to regulatory requirements including HIPAA, CMS, JC, EMTALA and others
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with EPIC
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA)
About the Region you will serve.
For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
Anchored by five award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence provides a full spectrum of care that includes a range of specialties, signature services, outpatient and home care and the well-regarded Providence Medical Institute, a group of physicians and primary and urgent care clinics throughout the greater San Fernando Valley and South Bay. Providence is focused on providing the communities it serves with preventive care, education and leading-edge diagnostics and treatment. The organization includes numerous outreach programs. hospice and home care and even our own Providence High School, a Blue Ribbon college-preparatory campus.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 152378