Providence is calling a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) (Home Health, Day hift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide routine occupational therapy needs of patients under the Occupational Therapy plan of care.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, nurses and other personnel regarding patient care.
- Keep therapist informed of patient response to treatment in order to adjust, plan, and update goals, re-assess or discharge.
- Provide therapist suggestion for treatment when appropriate.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed to practice as an Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) in the states of Washington and Oregon (Oregon within six months of hire)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification through the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year experience in an Occupational Therapist Assistant capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other related medical field
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 138016