Providence is calling a Chaplain Resident to Providence Health & Services in Olympia, WA.
Providence St. Peter Hospital Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Center is now accepting applications for our 2017-2018 Clinical Pastoral Education Residency Program. We have four year-long positions beginning in September 2017 and ending in September 2018. This full-year, intensive training experience includes opportunities for ministry at Providence St. Peter Hospital. Each resident position comes with a stipend of $28,000 plus benefits and paid time off. The application fee is $35 and tuition is $500 per unit.
Please contact Rev. Melinda E. Holloway, Manager of CPE at Providence St. Peter Hospital at (360) 493-7238 or Melinda.email@example.com for more information or to submit an application.
In this position you will:
- Provide assessment of a patient's spiritual, religious, and emotional needs.
- Provide ministry to individuals and families in their grief process.
- Provide competent spiritual care for persons and families in their time of crisis.
- Provide or facilitate comfort support and complimentary modalities when appropriate.
- Participate in the morning report, patient care conferences, family conferences, and on hospital committees as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of medical ethics and Catholic Healthcare ethics
- Participate as a member of the spiritual care team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- One Unit of CPE.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master of Divinity or related graduate theological studies.
About Providence St. Peter Hospital CPE Center
Providence St. Peter Hospital CPE Center is an exceptional learning environment for pastoral formation and spiritual care ministry. We provide a relational learning environment for clinical pastoral training that honors and respects diversity. Our robust Spiritual Care team welcomes and supports CPE students as part of the ministry team, collaborating to care for patients, families, and staff. The Providence St. Peter Hospital is accredited to offer Level I, Level II, and Supervisory CPE by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. One West Court Square, Suite 325, Decatur, Georgia, 30030. (404) 320-1472. www.acpe.edu
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Spiritual/Mission/Pastoral Care
Req ID: 149113