Providence is calling a Per Diem, Night Shift Laboratory Technician to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in San Pedro, Ca.
In this position you will:
- Work under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, and in their absence under the direction of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), to provide technical, clerical and patient care support services.
- Perform a variety of procedures including venipuncture, skin puncture, specimen collection, specimen processing and distribution and the operation and maintenance of automated instrumentation up to but not including the resulting of laboratory data.
- Service is provided to patients of all age groups: premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
- Non-technical duties include taking of supply inventories, stocking supplies, cleaning and maintaining work area, equipment and instrumentation.
- Provide service in a safe and professional manner and works within the established policies and procedures of the Laboratory and the Organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- California Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
- Communication in English, both orally and in writing.
- Must meet the physical requirements of this job listed on the RU-91 form for Laboratory Technician.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Phlebotomy Certification
- One year's experience as a Laboratory Technician in a hospital based clinical laboratory
- One year's experience as a phlebotomist
- Ability to work flexible shifts
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 145603